Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default Odd Dyson fault

On 23/12/2019 22:25, Pamela wrote:
On 17:55 23 Dec 2019, newshound wrote:

The issue is not safety as lithium ions batteries and chargers are usually
well protected but that the battery is stressed when it contains a full
charge. I'm told it also physically swells.

Those smartphone users trying to conserve lithium ion batteries will not
charge above 80% or so. A Dyson doesn't offer the same degree of control
but leaving it on charge the whole time continually keeps topping up in
the most stressful way.

Citation? I don't doubt that the wall-wart feeding the bracket is very
basic, but doesn't the clever control stuff live inside the battery?