Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Bartram[_2_] Chris Bartram[_2_] is offline

Default Bailing out the car

On 23/12/2019 10:24, Brian Reay wrote:
On 22/12/2019 21:09, GB wrote:
On 22/12/2019 18:59, Chris Bartram wrote:

To the OP- get the foam/fibre sound deadening out and dry it
somewhere. otherwise your car starts to smell like pond water.

You are not the only one to say this, but I just can't see how to
remove the carpet. It's all nicely trimmed and glued on. I'll have a
go in the morning, but I don't have any real hope.

Many years ago, a couple of colleagues went on a business trip taking
one of their own cars. The car in question was an old Mini, owned by
someone who kept several cars, all in a state of disrepair so he carried
a comprehensive tool kit 'just in case'. On the journey, the heavens
opened and the passenger soon found his feet were in a puddle of water.

The owner pulled over, retrieved a screwdriver and hammer from the boot,
and made some holes in the floor, and continued the journey.

A few months later, the owner gave me a lift, the holes were still there.

The owner was quite senior andÂ* probably one of the best paid employees
in the department!

IME, Minis don't need any help to develop holes in the floor :-)