Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim+[_5_] Tim+[_5_] is offline

Default Odd Dyson fault

www.GymRatZ.co.uk wrote:
On 23/12/2019 15:09, Scott wrote:
On 23 Dec 2019 14:25:43 GMT, Tim+ wrote:

We have a handheld rechargeable Dyson that mostly works very well.
Recently it has started to seem like its battery is dying.

It lives on its charger under the stairs all the time but its started to
€śdie€ť after just 10-15 seconds of use and displays a flashing blue €ślow
battery€ť indicator. The thing is, if I put it back on charge for just 5
seconds it comes back to life and I can get many minutes of use out off it
before the battery really runs low.

Anyone else come across this?

Mine keeps stopping and starting. I assumed it was an obstruction but
I cannot see any. I cleaned the filter recently. It only seems to
happen on the high power setting. Any ideas.

We've had 2 of those pieces of durge. Absolute crap after the first 12
to 18 months.

Fortunately bought the first one from Cost-Co but the battery died
within the year so we took it back to for a refund and bought a new one
to replace it.
Same thing a year later, blue light battery fault.

Dyson in their infinite wisdom have made the batteries a non-user
serviceable component (soldered in situ apparently).

Um, not my one. Just how long ago are we talking about? Plenty of
replacement batteries available on the Dyson website.

The Dyson rep in PC
World told us it was done to prevent "old ladies" from worrying about
replacing or "removing to recharge" battery packs but one could pay ÂŁ80
and an engineer would come along and replace the battery but you
couldn't buy it to do yourself.

I suggested that it was an appalling design and any engineer with half a
brain would make the battery pack replaceable at a fair price which
might facilitate users to even purchase a 2nd battery to re-charge.

Dyson Rep. insisted it was company policy to have the battery as
non-removeable and would I be interested in the Dyson V10 cordless? To
which I replied "No, it's alright thanks I wouldn't touch Dyson cordless
ever again, I've taken the 2nd unit back to CostCo and replaced it with
an AirRam with removable battery pack"

https://www.dyson.co.uk/search-resul...y&from=support

Sounds like the €śrep€ť was very ill informed and was spouting ********.

Tim