Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Have an Amplicom AB 900 answering machine?

In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 23 Dec 2019 01:30:19 -0500, Clare Snyder
wrote:

On Mon, 23 Dec 2019 00:37:46 -0500, micky
wrote:

In alt.home.repair, on 20 Dec 2019 18:10:39 GMT, KenK
wrote:

I have an Amplicom AB 900 answering machine and have, to me, a big problem
with it. It does not announce the calling telephone number before recording
the caller's response - while the phone is still ringing and answering
message has not yet played. This is unlike other answering machines I have
had and worn out. Knowing the caller telephone number permits me to avoid
talking to someone I'd rather not or robocalls.

I read the manual carefully and tried Google with no help.

Before I have to buy a different answering machine does anyone have a
solution?

TIA

My answering machine does have caller-id, but it doesn't announce it.
Have to look at the screen, either the base station or the 3 cordless
extensions.

It's at least 10 years old, Uniden.

Mine has 26 buttons plus 3 soft keys, and I figure the more buttons the
better the machine.

The more buttons the less likely you will be able to use it - - -

No, the more buttons the more things it can do.

Some devices try to do many things with fewer buttons that change their
purpose depending on prior button pushes, soft keys, and a) you can't
look at the keys and see what they do until after you press the right
ones, b) I can't remember what they do.

I have no trouble remmembering what labeled keys do.