Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default A thoughtful viewpoint from an Australian........ gun nuts won'tbe interested of course

On Monday, December 23, 2019 at 12:59:12 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Sun, 22 Dec 2019 17:41:32 -0500, Clare Snyder
wrote:

On Sun, 22 Dec 2019 11:44:09 -0500, wrote:

On Sun, 22 Dec 2019 06:42:29 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

On Saturday, December 21, 2019 at 8:34:59 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Sat, 21 Dec 2019 10:41:48 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

On Friday, December 20, 2019 at 11:48:17 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Fri, 20 Dec 2019 17:44:01 -0500, Clare Snyder
wrote:

On Fri, 20 Dec 2019 12:55:14 -0500,
wrote:

On Fri, 20 Dec 2019 07:29:32 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

On Thursday, December 19, 2019 at 1:07:48 PM UTC-5, Shadow wrote:
On Thu, 19 Dec 2019 12:30:32 -0500, devnull wrote:

FWIW, most of the gunshot victims are jugs street thugs anyway...so who
cares?

Normal people care. I assume that by "most" you mean "not
all", and include all the mass shooting, robbery and non gang-related
victims? Who doesn't care about them?
You just failed the psych test. GratZ.

It's sadly typical for a trumptard. They pretend that minorities just shoot
each other, so it doesn't matter. They ignore that many of those minorities
are just innocent bystanders, hit by mistake or someone that's targeted
because some gangbanger thinks they looked at them the wrong way. If it
were their families, they would perhaps think differently.

Maybe if we had a better way of protecting witnesses people would step
forward and they could solve a few of these murders. The conviction
rate for murders in the ghetto are around 10-15%.

The people there know who the killers are and the cops usually do too
but they can't make a case that passes the laugh test if "nobody saw
nuffin".
And that just adds another to the statistics when "justice is done"
street style. Usually adds more than one - and so often includes
innocent bystanders. Some totally innocent - some less so.

If everyone involved understands and accepts that people die and
nobody is ever going to try to get the killer off the street, it
should be in a separate statistic, not confused with murders we do
care about.

This from the guy who says the US hasn't dealt with integration after
the Civil War, that it's what is behind our horrific homicide
rate from guns. And now you just said that you only care about some
murders, so apparently you're perfectly fine with blacks killing mostly
blacks. A white person gets killed in the crossfire, do you care about
that death? Even if you're so crass as to not care about blacks killing
blacks, the deaths are not confined to just that.

Reading comprehension is not your thing.
It is the people in these communities who refuse to testify against
the killers. If they don't care, why should we?

Because it's America, we are one country, and the horrific death rate
here has enormous costs, makes us look bad, and is very wrong. You
really should make up your mind. First you say that racial integration
has not been dealt with since the Civil War, which of course is not true.
Then you claim that because people in high crime areas, which are
typically black and minority won't testify, no one should care about
what happens there.

If the people there are not willing to cooperate with law enforcement,
what should we do? You can't arrest people even if the cops know they
are murderers if nobody will actually provide them any evidence they
can use in court. You can't whine about the murder rate if you can't
take the murderers off the street. Why is that so hard to comprehend?

ANd they won't co-operate with law enforcement when they KNOW law
enforcement cannot protect them if they do.
Even if the perp is shot or hanged for it, so they can never extract
revenge, the perp's "people" will. And the poor folks in the
"projects" know that all too well.
Sadly, I'm not sure there IS a solution that does not involve keeping
guns out of the hands of the good guys as well as the bad - if even
THAT would be a solution. Might solve the GUN violence, but then
they'd find another way to wreak havok.

A solution was within reach. perhaps, 40 or more years ago, but we've
let that horse out of the barn.

You would still be left with the fact that if we take all of the gun
murders out of the statistic, we would still have a murder rate higher
than the rest of the developed democracies. That also assumes the
"gun" murderers wouldn't have just used another weapon.

Well, you got us there. Since the rate would still be higher, no point
in doing anything to lower the rate You win. Good thing you're not
working on cures for cancer. Researchers: Studies show this can lower
the cancer death rate from 40% to 25%. Fretwell: There will still be
a 25% rate, let;s not market it.