Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb[_3_] dpb[_3_] is offline

Default How Do You Make These Cuts In The Field...Or Don't You?

On 12/22/2019 4:13 PM, J. Clarke wrote:
On Sun, 22 Dec 2019 15:33:37 -0600, dpb wrote:

I was totally blown away with the 20V DeWalt line the contractors had
doing the house remodel...they're up to almost all framing work to the
point when Ace had recent sale I ponied up for the impact driver,
drill/driver and circ saw at $99/ea. Two had charger and 1/2 batteries,
the saw was bare but still end up w/ the three tools, two chargers and
three batteries for $300.

These are not your father's cordless tools. I thought the 18v stuff
was good, but the best battery pack deWalt ever made for it was 2.4
AH. The 20v packs (which work with the old tools with a rather
annoying adapter) go up to 12AH. That's a lot more runtime. And
there is a charger that handles 4 at a time.

That's the rub on the Ace special; they're just the 3AH packs but for my
use pattern that'll generally be acceptable. W/ the two chargers and
the three total I'll likely not be waiting much, ever.

Then again, if were all-day every day pro, the higher capacity packs
would be big advantage.