Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default A thoughtful viewpoint from an Australian........ gun nuts won'tbe interested of course

On Sunday, December 22, 2019 at 2:17:48 PM UTC-5, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article , grumpy@old-white-
guy.network says...

It has been stated before and it's worth stating again...if a person is deemed too dangerous to own a gun then they are too dangerous to be loose on the streets.Â* Lock 'em up or euthanize 'em.

My feelings too.

Is this America, or Nazi Germany? We have millions of people who are
mentally ill or have a record of bad behavior and your solution is to
euthanize them or lock them up? Do you even realize what you're saying?
The vast majority of them do not become mass murderers. I don't know
that the rate of violent crime among the mentally ill is any higher
that that of the general population. They are living in society,
functioning, but that doesn't mean it's a good idea for them to be
buying guns. Someone has the mental capacity of a ten year old.
Your idea is to exterminate them or lock them up for life, rather
than simply have a permit process, so they can't buy a gun.
My God, what is wrong with you?

And sad too, because previously I have had discussions with you where
you acknowledged that you were OK with a reasonable permit process
before one can go buy a gun. Now, instead you want euthanasia?
WTF?

They could just as easy use a knife or run over people
with a car if they go nuts. Just saw where some woman ran over a Latino
girl just because she was one.

But an AR-15 is infinitely more practical and deadly. Can you find us
any that have killed 50 people with a knife or car?