Posted to alt.home.repair
devnull[_5_] devnull[_5_] is offline

Default H P envy 5660 printer

On 12/22/19 1:53 PM, trader_4 wrote:
On Sunday, December 22, 2019 at 1:18:54 PM UTC-5, Bod F wrote:
On 12/22/2019 6:31 AM, wrote:
The printer works fine for most things except p' rinting pictures from an SDI card. all copies come out pink. I put in new ink-clean the print heads but they still are pink. Is it worth it to have it repaired or just get a new one?

If you have an ultrasonic cleaner, drop the print heads into the tank with a 50/50 mixture of iso alcohol and water.

He is saying that it prints OK, except from an SD card. At least that's
what I think he's saying. In which case, it's not the print heads.
But who knows, not a lot of info. Like can he print the same pic from
a PC that's on the SD card? If so, very odd.

Short of a new printer, typically things get on an SD card from
something like a smartphone. If so, he could use one of the automated
drives in the sky, sync the phone to it and then print from the PC.
Standalone cameras, I would think recent ones would have wifi and similar
capability too.

Hey herb, you wanna clarify the problem for us?