Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default A thoughtful viewpoint from an Australian........ gun nuts won't be interested of course

In article ,
says...

That was precisely why the voting age was lowered along with the
drinking age, for a while, until the prohibitionists raised it back up
to 21. We had far too many combat vets coming home from Vietnam, who
couldn't buy a drink or vote.

I knew about the voting age, but never knew the drinking age was ever
lowered. In NC where I live back in the late 1960's it was 18 to drink
beer, not sure about wine,and 21 for the 'hard' stuff. Later it was
raised to 21 for all.