Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default Storing tyres...

On 19/12/2019 15:06, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 19/12/2019 14:14, Andrew wrote:
On 19/12/2019 08:24, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 18/12/2019 23:50, Clive Arthur wrote:
On 18/12/2019 15:29, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
I have nine brand new tyres of various sizes I got cheap and was
wondering what is the best way to store them in my shed? ...stood
them up one on top of others against a wall and they distorted now
got them flat biggest size at the bottom one on top of another....

Probably the best way is to keep them individually suspended in
tanks of silicone oil at a constant probably low temperature.Â* Maybe
in so-called 'microgravity' in orbit would help too.Â* Accelerating
them to close to the speed of light would slow down ageing relative
to you.

Or just stack them up and swap them around occasionally.

Cheers
what is the easiest to do?.....

Keep them in the dark in a cool, dry place.

Unless they are genine road-legal tyres (and not
some Chinese crap intended for horse&carts) and
they are the correct size for your car, just flog
them off and save the space.

but I just bought them .....chinese tyres are good ... most of them

Do you drive a reliant robin ?. Do you do a high mileage ?.
Do you like driving over nails or other sharp objects ?.

If not, why do you need 9 tyres ?. Realistically, are you
ever going to use them ?.