Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

Default Boiler PCB Repair - Part II

On 22/12/2019 12:07, tim... wrote:

I'm glad I ignored all the advice about changing to a combi boiler.
With a
storage system, an immersion heater comes almost free. ;-)

except for the space that it, and the header tank, take up

Living in a flat (in one that I have just moved to from the above), I
achieved a 5% increase in usable space that would have been impossible
to have archived otherwise, by replacing a cupboard full of plumbing
"stuff" with a combi on the wall of the kitchen.

You are of course both right. My son lives in Germany, and his
bathroom has a 21KW 'instant' electric water heater. It's quite compact
and it's powered by 3 phase electricity. That's entirely standard over
there, he tells me.