Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim... tim... is offline

Default Boiler PCB Repair - Part II

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
tim... wrote:

"GB" wrote in message
The parts Geoff needed apparently didn't turn up yesterday, and he
closed
at noon today for 10 days.

It's the same temperature inside the house as outside, but fortunately
the
weather forecast is for daytime highs of as much as 8C.

I got "lucky" when similar happens to me last year

I had heating but no hot water for 2 weeks

I have to bath in what I could boil in a kettle

tim

I'm glad I ignored all the advice about changing to a combi boiler. With a
storage system, an immersion heater comes almost free. ;-)

except for the space that it, and the header tank, take up

Living in a flat (in one that I have just moved to from the above), I
achieved a 5% increase in usable space that would have been impossible to
have archived otherwise, by replacing a cupboard full of plumbing "stuff"
with a combi on the wall of the kitchen.

tim