Posted to uk.d-i-y
Cynic[_2_] Cynic[_2_] is offline

Default I am a complete ******* to those apprentices

Some years ago I needed an extra pair of hands on a job in Grimsby. Phoned the office and was told by the staff controller they only had young S... who wasn't much use according to the other engineers. I took him anyway. I found him to be willing and did things exactly as I told him. We completed the job and he turned to me to say he'd enjoyed working with someone who told and showed him how to do a job properly. Whether he'd been treated like an idiot by the others or he'd grown up by the time he came to me I don't know but I made sure he went back with a good report. I left the company shortly after but I heard he had become a useful lad.