Posted to uk.d-i-y
sintv sintv is offline

Default Boiler PCB Repair - Part II

On Friday, 20 December 2019 20:09:46 UTC, RJH wrote:
On 20/12/2019 13:59, tim... wrote:

The parts Geoff needed apparently didn't turn up yesterday, and he
closed at noon today for 10 days.

It's the same temperature inside the house as outside, but fortunately
the weather forecast is for daytime highs of as much as 8C.

I got "lucky" when similar happens to me last year

I had heating but no hot water for 2 weeks

I have to bath in what I could boil in a kettle

Electric shower - cover most bases.

--
Cheers, Rob

I had a gas smart meter fitted a few years back. Come November I noticed that the meter wasnt updating. I eventually called the Gas board and was told no engineers were available - it was the year of the bad floods in England - and all the Scottish engineers had been sent down there. Braw free gas I thought but it was a very mild winter and we didnt need much heating, we actually had the heating off for a while. Took them 6 weeks to refit a dial meter.