Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Boiler PCB Repair - Part II

On 20/12/2019 18:08, GB wrote:
On 20/12/2019 17:33, ARW wrote:
On 20/12/2019 13:45, GB wrote:
In article ,
Â*Â*Â* GB wrote:
The parts Geoff needed apparently didn't turn up yesterday, and he
closed at noon today for 10 days.

It's the same temperature inside the house as outside, but fortunately
the weather forecast is for daytime highs of as much as 8C.

I keep a couple of fan heaters for such an eventuality. They don't
take up
much room.

Yes, I'm just going to get one. It's not quite accurate that the
whole of the house is the same temperature as outside, just some parts.

When I had no heating (because I decided to fit new rads and boiler
between Christmas and New Year) it was below zero in the daytime.
I managed with a couple of those 2kW £20 convector heaters and fan
heater. The fan hear would have kept me awake at night.

https://www.screwfix.com/p/manrose-h...r-2000w/855FT?

for example.

I bought this one the other day:

https://www.screwfix.com/p/ch-2010c-...00-2000w/941fy

I was about to go and buy a fan heater, but SWMBOI (the final I stands
for Instantly) overruled me.

I'm sure we'll be all right for the next couple of weeks, but it would
have been nice to get the boiler working. Because gas is so much cheaper
than electricity, it would have saved me money to pay for express
delivery of the parts Geoff needed.

Fitted the "big £2K electric fire" yesterday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gip3...ature=youtu.be

It's going to need a plasterer and decorator to finish it off.

--
Adam