Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim GM4DHJ ... Jim GM4DHJ ... is offline

Default Storing tyres...

On 19/12/2019 17:35, mm0fmf wrote:
On 18/12/2019 17:22, newshound wrote:
On 18/12/2019 17:22, newshound wrote:
On 18/12/2019 16:52, Jimk wrote:
Pamela Wrote in message:
On 15:45Â* 18 Dec 2019, Andrew wrote:

On 18/12/2019 15:29, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
I have nine brand new tyres of various sizes I got cheap and was
wondering what is the best way to store them in my shed? ...stood
them
up one on top of others against a wall and they distorted now got
them
flat biggest size at the bottom one on top of another....

Possibly stacked up like a pile of .. tyres ?.

If you are going to keep them for a while, maybe stick
each tyre inside a strong dark black polythene sack
and even exclude as much oxygen as possible by giving
a blast from a CO2 fire extinguisher, then tape sealing.

What are you protecting them from in that way?

Free radicals, UV....

And ozone.

Do you weld in your shed?

It's where he likes to wear his wife's underwear.

talking of spare tyres you must be an expert chebs.....