Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Fuses (not a serious question)

On 19/12/2019 10:21, Scott wrote:
On Thu, 19 Dec 2019 09:35:42 +0000, John Rumm
wrote:

On 18/12/2019 19:57, Scott wrote:

I left a plug fuse in my jacket pocket, which I then washed at 40
degrees (mix programme). Could I still use it (after drying out
obviously) or will its electrical properties be compromised?

For the price of a fuse I would not risk it, since its impossible to say
how it would perform under fault conditions. Any moisture inside would
convert to steam on a high current fault, and make the enclosure more
likely to rupture.

Thanks. Seriously, that was my plan but I just wondered out of
curiosity.

Why not cut the end off and see if it wet inside.

--
Adam