Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default As heatwave bakes Australia on land, an unprecedented marineheatwave causes fish kills in the ocean

On 2019-12-18, dpb wrote:
But how old are those records? Couple hundred years at the outside if that?

The climate hucksters have their argument sewn up: If it's unusually
hot this is because of global warming, if it is unusually cold this is due to
global warming, if it is too wet this is due to global warming, if it is
too dry this is due to global warming, if there's too much snow this is due
to global warming, if there is too little snow this is due to global warming,
if there are more hurricanes this is due to global warming, if there are
fewer hurricanes this is due to global warming, if there are too few polar
bears this is due to global warming, if there are too many polar bears
this is due to global warming; etc., etc. ad nauseum.

You're right, one event does not make the climate. But we have good evidence
that the global temperature is rising and has gone up about 1C in the last
century and that atmospheric CO2 levels have gone up by a third and are
now higher than they have been in 700,000 years. We also know that previous
rises took tens of thousands to hundreds of thousands of years to rise
that much. This one took place in 100 years, corresponding with man
burning fossil fuels. The above is agreed to by virtually all climate
scientists around the world. It seems to me a very good idea to continue
to take more steps to limit further increases. Trump's idea and apparently
you agree, is that we should refuse any worldwide cooperation in those
efforts and instead burn more coal.