Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Inkjet print a good indicator of adequate levels for a Boots photoprint?

On Thursday, 19 December 2019 12:02:47 UTC, Mike Halmarack wrote:
On Thu, 19 Dec 2019 02:54:33 -0800 (PST), whisky-dave
wrote:

On Thursday, 19 December 2019 09:00:18 UTC, Mike Halmarack wrote:
On Wed, 18 Dec 2019 14:28:34 +0000, Mike Halmarack
wrote:

My daughter sends me photos from her camera and I try to optimise them
for photoprinting. I often find that the final photos end up too dark,
even when I tweak my computer monitor brightness.
I know I can buy additional equipment to help with this, though I'm
not keen to.
Would printing the files on an inkjet printer provide adequate
examples of how the photoprint will ultimately come out?

Thanks for all the good advice. Gives me plenty to work on. I think
I'll take a look at the Spyder5Pro. My current main monitor is an
oldish 35" LG TV. I might get a new TV for the job, even though some
people think that doing so is a bit Philistine.

Well if your going to look at your prints on a TV then that is a good idea
otherwise it isn't.

As an amateur in all things with a limited budget

Me too.

that has other,
more equall priorities,

Married with kids sorry to hear that ;-)

I do the best I can with the advise I get.
Thanks

Perhaps I was confused by yuor terms such as prints and photos and files.

TVs unless the 4k higher end ones are pretty crap for photos.
and the resolution os pretty low compared to a decent monitor.

Overall I thought your aim was to get better exposed physical prints,
I doubt buying a new TV will achieve this.

--

Mike