Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Kenyon John Kenyon is offline

Default Outdoor steps and handrails

On 30/11/2019 14:20, Bert Coules wrote:
What if I have a visitor who suffers from Entamaphobia - the fear of
doors? Obviously I have to take great care to ensure that she or he
won't be distressed. I'd wall the doorway up, but the odds are I'd then
be visited by a touvlophobe, someone deathly afraid of bricks. Where
does it end?

It never started - you only have to make "reasonable provision".

For example if your block of 10 flats doesn't have step free access and
it would cost £60k to put in a ramp (£6k per flat), you don't have to do it.

However a £60k ramp on a block of flats serving 50 flats starts to
become more reasonable, and for a block of 100 flats, it becomes
unreasonable not to make the provision (£600 per flat).