Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Storing tyres...

On Wed, 18 Dec 2019 15:29:37 +0000, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

I have nine brand new tyres of various sizes I got cheap and was
wondering what is the best way to store them in my shed?

Presumably not fitted to rims?

Stood on edge on a flat surface will tend to make them ovid and
create a flat spot. Lying flat on a surface, possibly in a stack
would be better but how high the stack could be before the lowest
ones got too squished I don't know. Garages have them on edge in
racks that provide support in at least two places. Support like that
in the right position will avoid the ovid making but unless the
contact area is large may give a dent at the support points.

--
Cheers
Dave.