Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Phil Hobbs Phil Hobbs is offline

Default Faulhaber 2225U024S16 motor

Hi, all,

I'm repairing a Photon Inc. BeamScan 1080 laser beam profiler. It works
by using a motor with a drum of about a 1-1/2 inch diameter mounted
coaxially on the shaft. The drum has a carefully-calibrated slit made
from very thin shim stock, so that it scans the slit across the beam in
the X direction and measures the 1-D profile. (You have to rotate the
head to get the Y direction.)

The bearings on the motor are shot--the shaft rolls around in the
bearing and buzzes instead of rotating smoothly.

It's quite a nice motor, a Faulhaber 2225U024S16. Trouble is, they
don't make it anymore, and apparently haven't in quite awhile--I have
their 2006-7 catalogue, and it isn't listed. They do have an apparently
similar model 2224U024SR that might be a good replacement.

It's 22 mm in diameter, 24 mm long, and has a 2-mm shaft. From the part
number it sounds like it runs on 24 V.

Anybody got a datasheet or other wisdom?

Thanks

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs