Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Problems with email using BT

On 17/12/2019 19:38, polygonum_on_google wrote:
On Tuesday, 17 December 2019 16:52:45 UTC, Martin BrownÂ* wrote:
On 17/12/2019 10:05, Broadback wrote:

I can't see any reason why BT should blacklist sending to hotmail
addresses - how exactly does it fail and with what error msg?

Still unanswered by the OP

I can only assume you enjoy paying more to get customer service slowly
from half way around the world to move from Plusnet to BT. They are both
nominally the same ISP only with different external skins.

We too have moved from Plusnet to BT.

Plusnet would not offer a connection using FTTP. Not at all. So, given
we have just had FTTP made available and our ADSL was appalling[1], we
had to find an ISP that does - and there are not many.

Really? IDNET certainly do.

It could be that as yet there isn't enough demand and that OpenWretch
charge other ISPs usurious prices for the fibre installation and access.

[1] Appalling meaning a good day gave 4 Mbps download. A poor day gave
0.07 Mbps. A bad day gave 0.0 Mbps. Hence moving to FTTP was essential.

Then you had an unresolved cable fault.

Not uncommon in rural areas. My figures are not dissimilar although on a
very good dry day I can get as high as 6Mbps. That is on basic ADSL 2+
since there is no FTTC close enough to me to work. 2Mbps is more typical
for the average household here - I have a particularly good line.

Amazing what tea and biscuits will do for telcom field staff morale ;-)

--
Regards,
Martin Brown