Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) is offline

Default Whirlpool recall.

The whole thing sounds like a fiasco of major proportions to me. I can only
guess that something in the construction of the door latch was not tested
for fireproofness if that is a word, as, like you say the way the system
works has been the same for many years. That is unless they re invented the
well worse again in 2014. I can see some kind of interlock based on a
circuit and a relay that fails connected, and hence overheats the relay, but
surely relays that are designed for such uses must be tested to comply?
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Graham." wrote in message

Help me out here. I thought I knew how a door interlock works and I
suppose the PTC thermistor could overheat and cause a fire, but I
can't see how the load of the main heating element influences it.
Does anyone know what the actual mode of faliure is?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-50811686
https://youtu.be/O9zfue1NzGU

--
Graham.