Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Clifford Heath Clifford Heath is offline

Default That time of the year.

On 18/12/19 11:29 am, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Tue, 17 Dec 2019 02:06:49 -0600, Fox's Mercantile
wrote:

On 12/17/19 1:00 AM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
I'll wait for the anti-semitic version.

This was the best I could do. ;-)

Twas the night before Christmas, and we, being Jews,
My girlfriend and me -- we had nothing to do.
The Gentiles were home, hanging stocking with care,
Secure in their knowledge St. Nick would be there.
(...)
The MSG spun round and round in our heads,
As we tripped and we laughed and gaily we said,
As we carried our leftovers home through the night;
"Good Yom Tov to all-and to all a Good Night!"

The story is great, the meter is marginal, and the rhyme needs some
work. Otherwise, I really like it. I didn't know that you wrote
poetry. I only write poetry when I'm irate, angry, frustrated, ****ed
off, overloaded, and generally disgusted with everything and need to
unload. Hopefully, you have a better rationalization.

More of the same:
http://members.cruzio.com/~jeffl/poetry/poetry.htm

There were some absolutely wonderful contributions to the #AltHallelujah
thread on Twitter in the past couple of days. Apparently some company
took Leonard Cohen's song (which is most definitely *not* a Christmas
song!) and put it to some religious words.

In scorn of such a depredation, folk contributed "alternate hallelujah"
lyrics to the same rhyme and meter.

Start he https://twitter.com/hashtag/AltHallelujah or he
https://twitter.com/EllenKushner and scroll back a few days

Hilarious and clever.