Posted to uk.d-i-y
djc djc is offline

Default Problems with email using BT

On 17/12/2019 10:05, Broadback wrote:
I recently switched from Plus net to BT. I have my own domain so that
when I move internet supplier I can keep the same email addresses. This
has worked fine in the past but now BT will not let me communicate with
Hotmail addresses. Why, and is there a way around this problem?

Don't know if your problem is the same but when I had problems with mail
from BT addresses Mythic Beasts told me:
"you have greylisting turned on for your domain. This is a spam
filtering system that works by delaying mail from unknown senders and
servers. This works because most legitimate mail servers will retry
after a few minutes, whereas spammers won't.

Unfortunately, it seems that BT are very slow to retry, hence the delay
that you're seeing.

Generally we no longer recommend greylisting, as we find the delays that
can be caused are more of a nuisance than the spam that it prevents."

--
djc

(–€Ì¿Ä¹Ì¯–€Ì¿ Ì¿)
No low-hanging fruit, just a lot of small berries up a tall tree.