Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default sour grapes

"Cursitor Doom" wrote in message
On Mon, 16 Dec 2019 22:18:22 +0000, Steve Walker
wrote:

He stood down candidates from seats where the Conservatives had a good
chance of winning, so as not to split the vote, so he was hardly trying
to make the government quake.

As a BP backer and policy advisor I admit to being a bit taken aback
when Nigel made that announcement with only minimal consultation.
However, clearly in retrospect it was absolutely the right decision.

Yes, It would have been stupid to split the leaver vote.

It's easy to overlook Nigel's contribution to "getting Brexit done"
and I hope - and indeed expect - that one day this noble sacrifice on
his part will be suitably and generously rewarded. Boris owes him
big-time now.

Its far from clear that standing in non Tory held seats did affect the
result at all.