Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] spuorgelgoog@gowanhill.com is offline

Default Whirlpool recall.

On Tuesday, 17 December 2019 16:07:21 UTC, GB wrote:
It's unlikely to cause a serious fire, and
indeed, according to the BBC, there have been none.

"Some, about 20%, of the Hotpoint and Indesit washing machines sold since 2014 are affected by the fault. Up to 519,000 washing machines sold in the UK are involved. Seventy-nine fires are thought to have been caused by the fault which develops over time, according to Whirlpool, which owns the brands."

I don't know if it was one of these brands, but I know someone who had a washing machine fire. If they had been out of the house, or hadn't dragged the machine out of the kitchen door, they'd probably have lost the house.

Owain