Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

Default Whirlpool recall.

On 17/12/2019 14:46, Graham. wrote:

Help me out here. I thought I knew how a door interlock works and I
suppose the PTC thermistor could overheat and cause a fire, but I
can't see how the load of the main heating element influences it.
Does anyone know what the actual mode of faliure is?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-50811686
https://youtu.be/O9zfue1NzGU

That perplexed me too.

Unlike a tumble dryer, which can end up full of lint and dry clothes and
has a big heater plus a fan blowing the hot air around, a washing
machine is full of wet stuff. It's unlikely to cause a serious fire, and
indeed, according to the BBC, there have been none.