Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) is offline

Default Twinkle Twinkle little star

Maybe hey get a thrill out of it, oh sorry my AI got the wrong end of the
branch there.
If you will recall back in the days of filament bulbs all wired in series
across the mains, we had a flashing bulb in the chain. This device had a bi
metal strip which crudely cut of and connected the lights to make them
flash. Of course the danger here was that if a bulb blew short circuit then
you could get a wonderful catastrophic failure resulting in a blown fuse
and a set of lights with no good bulbs at all. I'm sure we all remember
those halcyon days of trying to find the duff bulb or bulbs before you ended
up blowing them again. What I used to do is buy two sets and put them in
series, that way they were a bit dimmer, but actually the redder light
looked more festive, but of course, flashing bulbs no longer worked.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"John" wrote in message
2.222...
I can understand slowly twinkling Xmas lights and the ones that gently
undulate. But why Flashing ones??