Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Car speeding alert device?

On 16/12/2019 21:29, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Sat, 14 Dec 2019 08:21:53 -0800 (PST), polygonum_on_google wrote:

I also think it can get speed wrong where the limit is implied by street
lighting.

I've never managed to work up the enthuasium to try an untangle
street lights, speed limits and signage.

Near Middleton-in-Teesdale there is a section of lit single
carriageway "B" road. There are no both sides of the road speed
limit/NSL signs on entry/exit. There are no small repeator signs. The
footway is only on one side of the road, the lights are on the other.

What is the speed limit and why?

Strictly, 30mph cos its lit.

The only useful thing I got from 'speed awareness' course.