Art

Default Advice Needed: Portable Air Conditioner

If you can spend more, Samsung, I believe, makes a terminal heatpump unit
which is split just like central ac. A freon tube is the only thing that
connects the indoor unit and outdoor condenser unit. It has remote control
too to work the fan so you can mount it high in a room out of the way.

"Royler" wrote in message
om...
Hope I'm in the right place...

Summer is here, which is bad news for me due to excessive allergies. I
literally cannot sleep with a window open or even use a window AC, as
even with the vent closed, it'll still manage to draw in a little
outside air....the pollens give me nocturnal asthma and I have so much
trouble breathing I can't even fall asleep. I lived in a home with
central AC last summer, but this is no longer the case.

Basically, I need a portable AC unit to cool a 13x20 bedroom that will
vent hot air either under a doorjamb or - I'm wondering if this is
even possible - down a heating vent. I see a ton of models on eBay and
locally and have no idea what to look for. I don't mind emptying a
water reservoir, but I simply cannot have the windows open, period. If
I can solve this problem for around $500, all the better. Any advice
is MUCH appreciated. Thank you.