Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Car speeding alert device?

On 13/12/2019 21:59, Terry Casey wrote:
In article , lid
says...

On 13/12/2019 14:26, Terry Casey wrote:

My Garmin has and the speed camera data is updated for the
life of the device as well as the maps. (Tom Tom want a
subscription after the first 3 months.)

As supplied it was on al the time but was a pain.

For example, drive at ~70 in a 70mph zone. Speed varies
slightly up and down but every time it exceeds 70 - increases
up to 71, say - it produces a bong.

All those bongs are a bit of a nuisance, so I turned off the
default and it now only activates near speed cameras and in
areas where mobile units patrol.

In fact, as I don't keep my eyes on the thing for obvious
reasons, (!) the first bong is usually the first time I'm
alerted of the risk.

Tom tom allows up to about 75 before it goes ting!

My previous SatNav was a Tom Tom and the (under/over) speed at
which it gave a warning was user adjustable.

I have the go mobile app.

I am not sure that it is.

--
€œThe fundamental cause of the trouble in the modern world today is that
the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt."

- Bertrand Russell