Posted to uk.d-i-y
Terry Casey Terry Casey is offline

Default Car speeding alert device?

In article ,
says...

In article ,
Robin wrote:

I suspect you mean "when a person relies on the speed camera alert
feature despite the seller making it abundantly clear it may not be 100%
right, and that it's always the driver's responsibility to check the
speed limit for the road". I rather doubt a UK court would hold that
such a term is unreasonable. Speed limits change and no system of
updating can be expected to be 100% perfect and prompt.

particularly on 'Smart' motorways where the spped limit can be dropped as
low as 20mph.

If someone can miss seeing the very clear illuminated signs on
a motorway, the sooner they lose (or surrender) their licence
the better!

--

Terry