Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Car speeding alert device?

On Friday, 13 December 2019 15:39:15 UTC, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 13/12/2019 14:26, Terry Casey wrote:
In article ,
says...
On 13/12/2019 12:08, George Miles wrote:

I'm now at 9 points on my driving licence,
what gadgets and apps are there to help me avoid another speed camera?

Some Satnat units have an over-speed warning.

My Garmin has and the speed camera data is updated for the
life of the device as well as the maps. (Tom Tom want a
subscription after the first 3 months.)

As supplied it was on al the time but was a pain.

For example, drive at ~70 in a 70mph zone. Speed varies
slightly up and down but every time it exceeds 70 - increases
up to 71, say - it produces a bong.

All those bongs are a bit of a nuisance, so I turned off the
default and it now only activates near speed cameras and in
areas where mobile units patrol.

In fact, as I don't keep my eyes on the thing for obvious
reasons, (!) the first bong is usually the first time I'm
alerted of the risk.

Tom tom allows up to about 75 before it goes ting!

On m'ways mine bongs at each camera above about 65.

NT