Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Acer Aspire S7 dead touchpad

In article ,
Brian Howie wrote:
On 12/12/2019 14:47, Simon Mason wrote:
After cleaning my touchpad with screen wash spray on a paper cloth, it has ceased to work. I have reloaded the drivers, done Fn T and wound it back to the last restore point, but it is still dead. Works OK with an external mouse though.

Any ideas?

If it doesn't dry out, I have an Acer Aspire with a dead motherboard. I
was going to replace the MB but decided it wasn't worth it I won't have
access to it until Monday, so can't check the model number. I can check
if I can remove the keypad and send it to you if it's a replacement.

I had problems with an Aspire 5536 MB. Turned out to be a common problem -
a soldering fault. A firm found on Ebay removed a processor, cleaned and
resoldered for about £40. Still working fine now.

--
*Great groups from little icons grow *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.