Posted to uk.d-i-y
Terry Casey Terry Casey is offline

Default Car speeding alert device?

In article ,
says...

On 13/12/2019 12:08, George Miles wrote:
I'm now at 9 points on my driving licence,
what gadgets and apps are there to help me avoid another speed camera?

Some Satnat units have an over-speed warning.

My Garmin has and the speed camera data is updated for the
life of the device as well as the maps. (Tom Tom want a
subscription after the first 3 months.)

As supplied it was on al the time but was a pain.

For example, drive at ~70 in a 70mph zone. Speed varies
slightly up and down but every time it exceeds 70 - increases
up to 71, say - it produces a bong.

All those bongs are a bit of a nuisance, so I turned off the
default and it now only activates near speed cameras and in
areas where mobile units patrol.

In fact, as I don't keep my eyes on the thing for obvious
reasons, (!) the first bong is usually the first time I'm
alerted of the risk.

--

Terry