Posted to uk.d-i-y
Commander Kinsey Commander Kinsey is offline

Default Why do thermometers never agree?

On Wed, 11 Dec 2019 15:00:26 -0000, whisky-dave wrote:

On Tuesday, 10 December 2019 18:05:03 UTC, Commander Kinsey wrote:
I have three thermometers, they read the same when placed next to each other. Put one in another room, and it reads colder, yet I can feel as I walk into the room that it's warmer.

I thought you knew about physics.

Nobody knows about all physics. I did subatomic particles, not thermodynamics.

What you feel is the differnce between your internal temperature and extenal temperature.

So when I walk into a cooler room, I should feel more difference, and know it's cooler, right?

That's why you don't feel 'the cold' when sitting in a cold stream with cold air around you.

What?!

Which is also why hot countries have spicy food, and cold countries (othe rthan the UK perhaps don't)

Spicy is not hot (temperature).