Posted to uk.d-i-y
Simon Mason[_3_] Simon Mason[_3_] is offline

Default Acer Aspire S7 dead touchpad

On Thursday, December 12, 2019 at 4:37:31 PM UTC, Brian Howie wrote:
On 12/12/2019 14:47, Simon Mason wrote:
After cleaning my touchpad with screen wash spray on a paper cloth, it has ceased to work. I have reloaded the drivers, done Fn T and wound it back to the last restore point, but it is still dead. Works OK with an external mouse though.

Any ideas?

If it doesn't dry out, I have an Acer Aspire with a dead motherboard. I
was going to replace the MB but decided it wasn't worth it I won't have
access to it until Monday, so can't check the model number. I can check
if I can remove the keypad and send it to you if it's a replacement.

Brian

--
Brian

That is very kind, but I am going to take it in to a repair shop.
Cheers.