Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Stephen Wolstenholme Stephen Wolstenholme is offline

Default Resistor colours

On Thu, 12 Dec 2019 04:59:11 -0800 (PST), Michael Terrell
wrote:

'If they can't make good parts, let them go out of business.'

That's what my first company was often told. The "power" resistors
were white with the value printed on them in black. After some
exchange of messages I discovered that of our main customer wanted
green rather than white. We started encapsulating the resistors in a
ceramic that was green. Then we got complaints that black writing on
green was difficult to read. So far as I know the company is now using
imported components!

Steve

--
http://www.npsnn.com