Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Shopping for a new washer: Whirlpool vs Roper

On Wed, 11 Dec 2019 11:00:00 -0500, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

In article , says...

I've replaced mechanical controls, so far, never had a problem with
electronic. Near impossible to get mechanical anything these days.

I live in one of the most lightning struck areas of the country so my
house has a surge protector on it at the meter. My counter only goes to
999 and has been pegged out for a while now.

Just think of how many devices with electrical controls you have in the
house. How many times have they been taken out by surges and lightning
? Most likely if there is a surge, it will take out most everything in
the house. I just hope the insurance will cover all that if I ever need
it to.

You don't have to lose a thing if you have good surge protection. We
proved that here. We went from a half dozen surge related calls a week
to one or two a year, just by getting our customers to follow our
advice. A am not sure any of the calls were in a customer that
actually had decent surge protection.