Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Shopping for a new washer: Whirlpool vs Roper

In article , says...

I've replaced mechanical controls, so far, never had a problem with
electronic. Near impossible to get mechanical anything these days.

I live in one of the most lightning struck areas of the country so my
house has a surge protector on it at the meter. My counter only goes to
999 and has been pegged out for a while now.

Just think of how many devices with electrical controls you have in the
house. How many times have they been taken out by surges and lightning
? Most likely if there is a surge, it will take out most everything in
the house. I just hope the insurance will cover all that if I ever need
it to.

I don't like the side loader washing machines. I bought a new top
loader a few months ago. Sofar it works well. However it sure does a
lot of what i call funny stuff. It somehow measures what is in the
machine and puts in a small amount of water to match the load. Then it
seems to stop and and start a lot. At first I thought it may be broken.