Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Shopping for a new washer: Whirlpool vs Roper

On 12/11/2019 9:26 AM, wrote:

Often the Roper is the same as a Whirlpool, but with out some features.
Such as sound proofing material or they wll leve off some functions
and/or buttons that many may not need or want anyway.

About like buying car. There will be several 'standard' options if it
is a lx,xle,se or what ever letters may be associated with that brand.

What is the consensus here about the reliability and total life cost of electronic vs mechanical controls.

I try to buy mechanical controls.

I know they will eventually wear out but they will be less expensive to repair and are more immune to power surges.

Mark

I've replaced mechanical controls, so far, never had a problem with
electronic. Near impossible to get mechanical anything these days.

I live in one of the most lightning struck areas of the country so my
house has a surge protector on it at the meter. My counter only goes to
999 and has been pegged out for a while now.