Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Resistor colours

In article ,
says...

My colour vision works OK but I still check resistance with a meter.

My vision is fine also,but like you I still check the older resistors.
I have many new carbon resistors that are over 40 years old. Some are
very close in value and some are out of the 10% range they are suppose
to be. Some are 1 and 2 watt Allen Bradely and they are in packs of
about 25. Out of that pack I may find one or two that are outside the
10% range. Some not much , some are around 30% off. Hard to believe
that some could change so much while never used and only a few inches
away in the same package.