Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] hubops@ccanoemail.ca is offline

Default Shopping for a new washer: Whirlpool vs Roper

Often the Roper is the same as a Whirlpool, but with out some features.
Such as sound proofing material or they wll leve off some functions
and/or buttons that many may not need or want anyway.

What is the consensus here about the reliability and
total life cost of electronic vs mechanical controls.
I try to buy mechanical controls.
I know they will eventually wear out but they will be
less expensive to repair and are more immune to power surges.
Mark

I could not find a front load washer with mechanical controls -
- except the $ 3000. Huebsch ..
I settled on an LG and hate ~ everything about it,
except the very-high-speed spin.
John T.