Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y
Commander Kinsey Commander Kinsey is offline

Default Why do thermometers never agree?

On Tue, 10 Dec 2019 20:51:30 -0000, Bob wrote:

I have three thermometers, they read the same when placed next to each other. Put one in another room, and it reads colder, yet I can feel as I walk into the room that it's warmer.

Maybe check humidity in both rooms with a sling psychrometer?

Checked with a digital one. Only 3% difference. Which I think would slightly exaggerate the change I'd feel.

I think the problem is that the room isn't even throughout, they never are. I'm feeling the air in the middle as I walk through the door, the thermometers were on the wall at the edge.