Posted to uk.d-i-y
Thomas Prufer Thomas Prufer is offline

Default Low voltage connector plug for cycle wiring

On 9 Dec 2019 20:53:51 GMT, David wrote:

What I am looking for is a weather resistant plug and socket which can be
used to plug in an optional additional light.

A bonus would be if it came apart easily instead of breaking if the lead
was tugged.

I'd see the bonus as a requirement, and go easier on the weather resistance...

My bicycle has spade connectors on the light, open to the elements, and the bike
parks outside, and I have no corrosion problems. I do put a light smear of
grease on the spades when convenient.

I'd suggest "hollow plug" connectors:
https://led.me.uk/female-hollow-plug-adaptor-connector-cable-wire-jack-for-led-strip-light-cctv-camera

or buy a cable with molded bits, cut in the middle, connect ends, done

This here is a powerbank and step-up converter charged from the hub, and uses a
smaller hollow plug with a housing that screws down:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B009OLQ1VS

That would be more weatherproof, but wouldn't come apart without unscrewing.

Thomas Prufer