Posted to uk.d-i-y
David David is offline

Default Low voltage connector plug for cycle wiring

On Tue, 10 Dec 2019 10:50:07 +0000, T i m wrote:

On 10 Dec 2019 10:17:08 GMT, David wrote:

On Tue, 10 Dec 2019 08:27:19 +0000, Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) wrote:

I was under the impression that the advice at the moment was that
dynamo only lighting on a bike was frowned upon, as it goes out when
you slow down.
In this age of tech, surely there must be rechargeable lights that can
give the best of both worlds?
Brian

Two word.

Stand light.

This is short term storage in the lights (capacitor I assume) which
means that they stay on for a few minutes after you have stopped
pedalling.

When a lad I tried wiring the dynamo to a bridge rectifier, battery and
then the lights, but the charging load made cycling hard work.

With modern day charge controllers and very light (LED) loads, I'm
guessing it would be far more doable.

Cheers, T i m

When I were a lad my bicycle had a front dynamo.
One Christmas present as an add on was a battery tube (I think it took 3
cells) to use when stopped at the lights.
The front light had a 3 way switch under it, on, off, battery.

Tell that to the kids of today etc. :-)

Cheers

Dave R