Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Low voltage connector plug for cycle wiring

On 10 Dec 2019 10:17:08 GMT, David wrote:

On Tue, 10 Dec 2019 08:27:19 +0000, Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) wrote:

I was under the impression that the advice at the moment was that dynamo
only lighting on a bike was frowned upon, as it goes out when you slow
down.
In this age of tech, surely there must be rechargeable lights that can
give the best of both worlds?
Brian

Two word.

Stand light.

This is short term storage in the lights (capacitor I assume) which means
that they stay on for a few minutes after you have stopped pedalling.

When a lad I tried wiring the dynamo to a bridge rectifier, battery
and then the lights, but the charging load made cycling hard work.

With modern day charge controllers and very light (LED) loads, I'm
guessing it would be far more doable.

Cheers, T i m