Posted to uk.d-i-y
David David is offline

Default Low voltage connector plug for cycle wiring

On Tue, 10 Dec 2019 08:15:32 +0000, Chris Bartram wrote:

On 10/12/2019 01:44, FMurtz wrote:

Better by far to chuck the dynamo, (unless you are using the bike as an
exercise bike)they use too much energy.(put unnecessary load on
pedaling)
use modern battery lighting

I'd agree. Modern LED lights can be USB chargeable and provide an
incredible amount of light for the size. Some of the Lezyne units are
great.

It is a touring bike.

So if you want reliable lighting and you can't guarantee that you will
have easy access to a 240V socket for regular charging then dynamo is the
way to go.

A week of camping (with no guarantee that you will have access to power at
night anywhere it is safe to leave your charger and lights) can make
dynamo power more attractive. You can even use the dynamo to charge your
power bank during the day so you can charge your phone/sat nav/whatever in
the evening.

Battery lights are carried as a backup in case anything happens to the
dynamo and lights.

Chucking away an almost new hub dynamo, which would require a new wheel,
isn't the most economic of prospects anyway.

Modern hub dynamos offer relatively little resistance.

I also like the daylight running lights, especially at this time of year
when it can be very murky even at noon.

So a question "where can I get a connector" is probably not best answered
by advising me to throw away about £200-£300 worth of front wheel.

Cheers

Dave R